Friday, July 10, 2015

Hey guys!

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you all a little look into my plans for the fall/spring of 2015-2016.

So I will be attending the University of North Georgia in Gainesville in order to live at home next school year. I'll be taking 18 hours of classes on Monday Wednesday and Friday that start at 8:00am and end at 8:00pm. So those will be full days of classes. The other 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday) I plan to continue working where I am now where my hours would be 8:00-6:00. So my schedule is pretty booked. I plan to continue volunteering as a middle school small group leader and elementary school volunteer at my church. I will also be helping with FCA at my former high school a few mornings a week, and in the spring will start as the junior varsity tennis coach. All this to say, my life gets crazy in August!

As many of you may already know, I'm planning to transfer from North Georgia in the summer of 2016 and attend a private college. More than likely Shorter University in Rome, Georgia. There I plan to major in athletic training and minor in Christian leadership. With that I will begin full time missions in Latin America. I don't know what exactly it looks like at this point, whether it's a commitment for a time or for life..things like that. This is something that Lane and I have been praying through and are continuing to pray for Gods guidance in this.

One thing I would love if you guys could be in prayer for as the school year nears, is an open door to be involved with a ministry through my church. I can't explain completely just yet because I don't even know all the details of it! But if you guys could be in prayer for that and if it's something God has for me that it would be clear and if not that the door would be shut.

I know most of you (especially if you've recently graduated) have heard and probably know by heart Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a hope and a future. But I want to give you the next verse because that one is just as powerful as this one. Jeremiah 29:12-13 says "then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart"

Jeremiah 29:12-13 is such a great reminder that God is always faithful. That whenever we call upon Him, He is always there to provide what we need. One of the most amazing things about that though is most of the time it's not what we expected. He doesn't work off of our expectations. For example, let's say our car is old and has a ton of problems and breaks down all the time and we just know one day soon it won't start at the worst possible time, but we don't have the funds to invest in a new car right now. So a lot of times in trusting God to provide we think "okay God I'm trusting you to provide me with a brand new car" and then in the back of our minds were thinking wow I hope it's a 2015 Ford Mustang! But in reality we end up finding a small car that's been used and affordable, but it gets us from point A to point B. What happens though is we can miss Gods provision for our needs because we were so focused and looking for the new car, we missed God providing for the need, which was some way to get where we needed to go. So I would just encourage you guys, give whatever situation you have to Christ, but truly give it all to Him. He wants your entire heart, not just compartments of it. He's the only one capable of hold our heart. And He has proven to me and to Lane time and time again His faithfulness and provision, if we just trust Him and His plan and not our own.

We love you guys and are here for you in any way we can be. Feel free to email us anytime, we want to be able to specifically pray for you and whatever may be going on in life right now. Thank you for your amazing love and support!

- Watson




No comments:

Post a Comment