Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hi friends!

Hi friends!  This is Lane :) 

I want to thank you for visiting Watson's and my blog today and for your support of our walks up until this point.  We are both pumped to get going with it!  As we mentioned in our first post, I will be spending nine months (September-May) in El Salvador with an awesome program called Global Year.  This organization is based here in Atlanta, but sends students to many different countries where they are immersed into that particular country's culture, learn the native language, and essentially dedicate a year away from America to serve the Lord.  I heard about the program through my sweet friend, Courtney, and began praying about this opportunity that I believed that God may have had for me September of my junior year of high school.  As time went on and through much prayer, I felt this gap year weighing more and more heavily on my heart.  I'll never forget pitching the idea of Global Year to my mom and dad.  As my parents say now, God definitely took a little while longer to bring their hearts to the same place as mine (lol).  However,  I'm so thankful to say that He has revealed Himself in this next step to each of them since that fall and to have their full support in this decision.  God has demonstrated His faithfulness time and time again and is continuing to do so in these final weeks leading up to August 28th.  


Thus says the Lord, "let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts, boast in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth.  For in these things I delight, declares the Lord."
Jeremiah 9:23-24

These verses have been a cornerstone for me since I committed to serving in El Salvador this upcoming year.  God shows us a glimpse of His character in these verses as He commands any of us who boasts, to boast in this one thing - that we understand and know Him.  To me, this year is about knowing Him better.  I want to be able to boast in the fact that I understand Him and His will for my life.  I desire to know Him fully as I serve Him and the people of El Salvador this year.  

Another huge way that God has demonstrated His faithfulness in my life the past year is in the relationship He's given me with my best friend.  Thinking about and preparing for nine months apart hasn't been easy by any means.  However, we are both confident of this - that all of our hope is in Him alone.  He is almighty and all knowing.  God calls us His sons and daughters.  We have been purchased at the greatest price possible, and He claims us as His own.  He will never leave us nor forsake us.  With these promises in mind, we can walk confidently into whatever and to wherever He leads us in the future.  We believe that for us, that is together, and we're excited to continue our walks, though in different countries, trusting in that.  


Thank you for your support and prayer as we step into this exciting new chapter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment