Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Life in the USA

Hey guys!

      It has been a crazy week here in the States. I have learned that it is a real thing to not have time to respond to a text message or email over the past few weeks. Between school and working, I'm pretty much tied up, but it's all going well. School, I have to say, isn't the most interesting part of my day, but it keeps me busy. Working at Gwinnett Church has been incredible so far, and I can't even begin to share all of the things I have already learned as a part of the Leadership Development Program.

     But, besides all of that, God has been growing me in incredible ways over the past few weeks. Just to kind of give a run down of the doors that have been opened in my life...relationships that I've been able to build with those around me that don't know Christ is awesome. The opportunity to share Jesus with these people is so exciting. If you could join me in prayer for these people Lane and I both would greatly appreciate it. There are names of 7 people posted on my bedroom wall that I'm intentionally praying for every time I see the name that their hearts would be softened and the Gospel would change their lives, as it has mine. If you would like the names of these people to join us in prayer, please feel free to email and we will be happy to send them to you.
     
     Next, is an idea that I decided would be fun to try and see what happens, is a little fast food restaurant ministry. So what happens is every Tuesday and Thursday between classes, I pick a fast food restaurant to sit at and eat for about an hour. I strategically pick the most center table in the restaurant and dive into the Word for about an hour while praying for each individual that walks in. I have been doing this about 2 weeks now, and will faithfully do it as long as I am able, praying expectantly for God to soften the hearts of those around me to ask me questions or to at least begin thinking about the guy at McDonalds reading his Bible. Whatever God decides to do with it will be perfect and part of His plan. But if you could be in prayer for that as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

     Lastly, I want to encourage each of you with this...

     2 Thessalonians 3:3
     But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 

     Remember this as you begin your weeks today. That God is faithful to provide when we call on His name. He is able to carry our burdens to fight our battles for us and keep us safe from harm. Pray in everything. So much so that you become in constant conversation with God. Run everything you do, all your words, thoughts, and actions, through the filter of His Word so that everything you do my be good and pleasing to Him. It may sound silly and feel silly at times, but when you give everything to Him and begin drawing near to Him, He will draw near to you, and you will begin to find Him in all things. From the smallest situation to the biggest, He wants it all. I have learned and experienced this first hand, even over the past week, that when you begin feeding your flesh and choosing the ways of the world, your Spirit is starved and you begin to feel God less and be in less communion with Him, but the opposite is also true, that when you are feeding yourself Spiritually, you begin losing your flesh and truly dying to yourself because there is no room for you and for Him.

     Thank you all so much for your continued love and support. We can't express just how thankful we are to know each and every one of you and that you all are a part of our lives in some way. As always, if there is any way we can support, pray for, or encourage you in any way please don't hesitate to email us. It is truly an encouragement to feel and read the love and support from our brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you all so much!

In Christ,

Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment